Chattanooga Law Firm Defends Clients Against Criminal Charges
Criminal defense lawyer represents NATIONAL, Tennessee and Georgia clients in state and federal matters
The most important step in protecting yourself against a criminal charge is seeking help from a results-driven defense attorney. Established in Chattanooga in 1993, Moore & Associates, P.C. has a track record of success defending individuals throughout the country, primarily in Tennessee and Georgia against charges related to alleged violent crimes, sex crimes, drug crimes and white collar offenses, including healthcare fraud. With almost 30 years of professional experience, I am capable of providing the tough advocacy and attentive representation needed to protect my clients. If you are being questioned by law enforcement or have been accused of committing a crime, I can help you pursue the best possible outcome for your case with a thorough defense strategy.
Accomplished criminal defense attorney employs robust trial skills
My clients often rely on me to help them resolve serious, time-sensitive matters that involve potentially disruptive consequences for their future and reputation. Through my services, you will have the advantages of working with an attorney who is:
- Recognized for excellence — Through my successes, I have earned a number of distinctions, including a 10.0 Avvo rating, named by the National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Criminal Defense Attorneys, an AV-Preeminent, Judicial and Bar Editions, by Martindale-Hubbell, Mid-South Super Lawyers, 2020 and 2021, and honored as an Attorney for Justice by the Tennessee Supreme Court in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021.
- Innovative — Drawing upon my knowledge of complex regulatory schemes and familiarity with specific areas of law, I am able to apply proven strategies and insightful solutions to a wide variety of situations.
- Client-focused — I provide compassionate, personalized assistance with your legal problems. From responding to your questions to discussing your concerns with you, I will give my best effort in keeping you informed and prepared.
- Representative Cases -
- United States v. Ferriera, 665 F.3d 701 (6th Cir. 2011). Case won on appeal on violation of Client's Speedy Trial rights. Case reversed and dismissed.
- State of Tennessee v. Woods (Hamilton County) Murder Case. Client found Not Guilty by jury.
- State of Georgia v. Rood (Catoosa County) Murder Case. Case Dismissed.
- State of Georgia v. Winston (Catoosa County) Death Penalty Case. Client found Not Guilty of Malice Murder. Guilty of Felony Murder. Sentence of Life with parole.
- State of Georgia v. Brown. (Walker County) Death Case. Client received sentence of Life with Parole.
- United States v. Vergot (US District Court, Southern District of California) Health Care Fraud/Anti-Kickback Statute/ Conspiracy to defraud the United States Government (This was one of the national TRI-CARE billion dollar fraud cases brought by the United States Department of Justice. Client received a sentence of nine months to serve.
- State of Tennessee v. High (Hamilton County) Gang-RICO Presentment brought against 53 defendants alleging state RICO claims. In collaboration with other counsel, we were successful in achieving a full dismissal of all RICO counts..
- State of Georgia v. Roof ( Catoosa County) Aggravated Battery on Police Officer and Felony Obstruction Case. Client found Not Guilty of both charges by jury.
- State of Georgia v. Hulett. (Walker County) Death Penalty Case. Case had nationwide wide media coverage. Client received the death penalty.
- This is a very small sample of the thousands of cases and hundreds of jury trials handled by my office. My office takes every case with the understanding of the client's objectives, especially if the client wants to have his case tried before a jury. Experience in the courtroom, especially in serious federal or state charges, is essential to the possibility of a fair and just verdict. While all cases cannot be won, many of our clients have been convicted of lesser charges reducing the possible sentence and disruption of the client and their families life.
- High Profile Clients/Cases - If you are a high profile person or your case has received national or local press/media coverage, it is essential to have an experienced lawyer who has the capability of navigating the client through the system and the media. My office has represented many clients/cases that received national, regional, and local press/media coverage. The office currently has multiple cases that are receiving national media coverage as well as an extremely high profile death penalty case.
I am always up to the challenge of helping clients navigate the criminal justice system and ensuring that they are treated fairly under the law. You can be assured that I will handle your case with the utmost attention from start to finish.
Effective counselor provides defense against a wide range of criminal charges
My practice is dedicated to the representation of defendants in the following types of matters:
- Criminal defense — In addition to handling criminal defense cases involving assault and battery, sex crimes and drug crimes, I have significant experience defending clients against federal criminal charges. My firm has an established white collar defense practice which includes a detailed understanding of businesses and industries in which these cases often arise.
- Healthcare fraud — I help medical providers and individual defendants fight charges of medical fraud, insurance fraud and other activities prohibited under state and federal healthcare regulations as well as criminal statutes.
As your representative, I will treat the protection of your rights as my highest priority in any type of case you may be facing.
Contact a Chattanooga criminal defense attorney for a free consultation
At Moore & Associates, P.C. in Chattanooga, I represent defendants in criminal cases throughout Tennessee and Georgia. If you are facing criminal charges and are in need of prompt and effective legal assistance, please do not hesitate to call 423-888-8508 or contact me online for a free consultation.